Intellectual Property Committee
Intellectual Property Committee - Committee Charge
The University of Cincinnati’s Intellectual Property Committee is charged as follows:
Consistent with University Rule 3361:10-19-01:
- To provide advice, as requested, to the vice president for research as to whether the university should:
- Prepare and prosecute a patent application on a university invention.
- Determine if a reported invention or discovery falls outside the scope of this policy (i.e., is not a university invention).
- Claim copyright in works with respect to which the university has ownership rights, as provided in rule 3361:10-19-02 of the Administrative Code.
- Surrender all university rights in a work to the author, as provided in rule
3361:10-19-02 of the Administrative Code.
- Waive some or all university rights in a university invention to the inventor(s).
- To act as a fact-finding body and make recommendations to the vice president for research on any disagreements arising out of the administration of the university's patent and copyright policies.
- Consistent with University Rule 3361:10-19-02: You shall advise the vice president for research on the administration of university copyright policy.